Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Half Pipe Hat

So I asked my Dad, what do you want me to knit you for your birthday?  I was hoping he would ask for some socks, perhaps a flashy fair isle headband (my husband and my brother both later informed me that this is not acceptable manly man attire), or even some cool gloves.  Instead, he looked at the store bought brimmed beanie my brother was wearing and informed me he wanted one of those.  Hmmm..
So, I found the perfect pattern in the book, Son of Stitch and Bitch.  I wanted to like this pattern, I really did.  To be honest however, I dreaded every moment of the creation of this hat.  The black yarn was less than appealing to my tastes in the middle of a bleak and icy winter, the decreases drove me crazy (seriously, they are not very attractive), and I really disliked putting the brim in.  Finally, it is finished.  As much as I hated making it, it looks okay.  Almost just like that boring store bought hat of my brothers.  I guess I will have to consider this a success.


No comments: