Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bella's Bloody Mittens

It pains me to admit it, but I have become a Twilight fan.  Yes, this is my secret shame.  What is really funny, is that I was never actually been able to complete even the first book until I started listening to them on mp3.  They are much more palatable to me personally in that form.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps I like the voice of the narrator?  She seems so much less annoying than the Bella I pictured as I was trying to read the book myself.  No, I don't like the books because I think that Bella and Edward have an amazing love story.  I enjoy them because deep down I want to be a vampire myself.  I am totally down with the whole idea of being amazingly beautiful, never growing old, having super strength and speed, and yes, never experiencing an embarrassing bodily function ever again.
Unfortunately, the closest I will probably ever get is to enjoy these mittens.  They are based on the mittens that Bella wears in the new Twilight film.  The pattern was written by Subliminal Rabbit, and can be found on her blog here.  This was a great pattern!  Very well written, and a blast to knit.  I also have had many comments as I have worn these about town about how great they look.  I used Knitpicks Palisade from the stash.  It says a lot about my stash that I had yarn that isn't even sold by Knitpicks anymore.  Perhaps it is time to do some stash busting projects?

No comments: