Friday, September 19, 2008

Finished Oberstdorf


I finally finished this hat for my brother's birthday. The original pattern calls for tassels, but I can't imagine my very masculine brother wearing anything so juvenile. In fact, I am sure he would recoil in horror from a tasseled hat. This was a Dale of Norway pattern, but I substituted the yarn for Elann Highland Sport. I was very curious how this would come out, and I must say I am very pleased with the results. I would probably feel comfortable substituting this in a sweater now as well. Who knows, someday I might actually make the matching sweater as this was a beautiful pattern.

1 comment:

Memmotts said...

okay. this is the one i want to make for my boys. maybe on a friday while tanner is at school i can stop over. That will give us something to do so we don't have to drive all the way back home