Monday, August 11, 2008

The Faux is Finished

Is there anything nicer than a finished project that resembles the picture that inspired you in the first place?

Here is a shot of the original mitts from Dakota Dreams. For the pattern, click here. The purple fingers are actually a pair of regular gloves. Honestly, I can't imagine wearing these over other gloves because they are very warm because of the stranding!

I am very pleased with how these have turned out, and I can only hope that the recipient feels the same way. If I could knit these again, I would have gone up one needle size and been more diligent in working to keep my strands loose. However, since this was my first stranded project I am giving myself a break. This project has taught me that Elizabeth Zimmerman was right when she taught that looser really is better. Once again, I can only be in awe of the knitting intellect of Zimmerman. Was there anything that woman didn't know about knitting?

1 comment:

Talia said...

Oh my goodness!!! Why didnt we learn this in Young Womens?!?